Helping individuals and families break the destructive cycle of addiction

Addiction intervention and recovery partner

"

A lot of people associate addiction with weakness

But they couldn’t be more wrong. Having an addiction doesn’t make you a weak person, it shows that you’re strong.

Why? Because it takes a lot of strength to face your loved ones when life is balancing on a knife-edge. It takes a lot of strength to keep up the exhausting emotional lies. It takes a lot of strength to check into rehab for a fourth time, even though it never works. And it takes a lot of strength to get through another 24-hours of fear, guilt, shame and self-loathing.

It takes a strong person to look like you’re holding it together when your world is falling to pieces, and an even stronger one to admit you need help and support to fix it.

You’re strong, but you don’t have to go through recovery alone. With me:

Resources

You’ll have someone to talk to on your darkest days and hours.

Routines

You’ll find it much easier to remove self-imposed barriers.

Reasons

You’ll stick with the program, even when it gets super-hard.

Kalpa

Ayeshah

Sakshi (Sanskrit: साक्षी), also Sākṣī, “witness,” refers to the ‘Pure Awareness’ that witnesses the world but does not get affected or involved.

The human mind can have up to 60 000 thoughts per day! 95% of those thoughts are the same from the previous day which leaves us with only 5% new and creative thoughts.

How many of your 57 000 thoughts a day are on:

  • Life choices based on thoughts beginning ‘only if’ , ‘if only’ or ‘when’?
  • Getting overly-attached to the idea of relationships as opposed to the people you are in them with?
  • Following a rabbit trail of thought when it occurs to you? Some call it persistence, being tenacious or resilient?
  • Based on past, present and future resentments?

As sakshi, we work towards distancing from the body and thoughts, and instead rest in pure awareness. The concept of sakshi has three components:

  • Observing one’s inner experiences
  • Staying detached during the process
  • Internalizing the sakshi experience as a spiritual vision

“Kalpa saw me, heard me…. We worked with what was strong in me not wrong with me – life changing!”

ANONYMOUS

Recovery is possible!

My four essentials to successful recovery are:

Connection

When you feel connected to the world, the better chance you have of recovery. Together we’ll unearth your life’s purpose, fire your passions and light up the parts of your life darkened by addiction.

Confidentiality

Group therapy is neither confidential nor anonymous, which is why it doesn’t work for everyone. My sessions are 100% confidential, giving you a safe space to rant, scream, cry and laugh about anything and anyone.

Community

It’s important to create a community who’ll form a support network in your recovery – so it’s vital trusted family members, friends or colleagues play an active role in your treatment.

Commitment

I’ll give you the tools, structure and support to change. We’ll work hard and even laugh a little too. All I ask in return is for you to give me your full commitment.

Addiction tears even the closest families and loving relationships apart.

The unconditional love of a person with addiction’s family and friends, despite the repeated betrayal and lies, is humbling.

Yes, you’ll try to help, but more often than not by sending them to group meetings, rehab or giving them money you’ll only succeed at enabling their addiction further. You struggle because you love.

Why? Because you’re not a person with addiction, and without support and education, you’re ill-equipped to help an out-of-control, addicted person.

Getting family and friends involved during treatment not only establishes a stable support system at home, it removes the misconceptions surrounding addiction too. You’ll also learn effective and useful strategies, like:

  • Setting boundaries
  • Self-care
  • Detachment

And I don’t have to be treating your loved one for you to make a call or book an appointment. I can help bring the person with addiction on board, no matter how broken down the relationship, further down the line.

Recovery from addiction is as much about family and friends, as it is about the individual.

You deserve more.

If you’re tired of putting on a brave face when everything is falling apart, it’s time to reach out – call me. Whether you need a one-off conversation or multiple sessions - the choice is yours. Just as your recovery is.

ABOUT       RESOURCES       CONTACT       POLICIES

© sAkshI   |   Website by The Good Alliance